Hello again everyone!
I have been finding it hard to keep up with my new blog; as I am busy juggling my 2 year old, and “seeing” clients. Thankfully, there are many amazing health professionals and experts producing great resources on how to cope during this challenging time.
I have compiled below some resources that may be helpful during this turbulent time. This includes an amazing and comprehensive workbook, free online courses, tip sheets yoga videos and mindfulness/meditation.
1.Tolerance for Uncertainty: A COVID-19 Workbook – Learn to accept your feelings, tolerate distress and move forward with grace despite not knowing what lies ahead. (work book)
2. TED Ideas Article: “I’m incredibly anxious about coronavirus. What should I do?” (article)
3. Online Yoga for Uncertain Times – Yoga with Adriene: a collection assembled to support you in times of uncertainty
4. Tara Brach Talk: Facing Pandemic Fears with an Awake Heart – Tara Brach on mindfulness and compassion during this collective crisis (video)
5. CAMH: Coping with Stress and Anxiety – Strategies to maintain mental wellness during the pandemic from the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (a comprehensive website)
6. University of Toronto – Free online learning course (Coursera) for managing mental health during COVID-19 (Online Learning)
7. Valley Centre for Counselling – Free self-guided treatment program for managing COVID-related anxiety (online learning)
8. Waterloo CBT Clinic – Managing COVID Stress Handout (Tip sheet)
If you find yourself not knowing what to do, I highly encourage you to follow the links above. This is a hard time in all of our lives. We can aim to take this time as an opportunity to stretch our comfort zone, be mindful, stay connected, and have compassion. Compassion is key right now and always. Compassion includes compassion for yourself and others.
What resources have you found helpful?